Olive oil has long been known for its beauty benefits. It offers optimum moisturization for the skin and soothes damaged skin exposed to UV rays. But, did you know that combining coffee grounds and olive oil can reduce the look of cellulite … and you can get a great tan at the same time?
Next time you go into your local drug store, look at the major ingredients of those expensive cellulite creams. You will notice that the majority of them will contain caffeine. The connection between cellulite and rubbing coffee grounds on the skin is that circulation is increased which help breakdown fats underneath your skin.
In addition, caffeine can boost natural skin tanning. You can make your own instant cellulite cream, skin-firmer and self-tanning lotion in one formula. For best results, do this treatment two times a week.
What you need:
- 1 cup warm used coffee grounds
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Newspapers to line the floor of your bathroom
- Disposable plastic gloves
- Plastic wrap and rolling-pin (optional)
What you do
- Combine the olive oil and coffee grounds.
- Take a hot shower to prepare your skin and open pores.
- Pat your body dry.
- Stand on the paper and apply the coffee/olive oil mixture to your cellulite areas. Put on the gloves and rub the mixture onto your body in a circular motion. Don’t worry if a lot of the coffee mixture falls to the floor. Enough will stick to your skin. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Shower with warm water and feel how silky smooth your skin is!
- After the treatment, spray some olive oil on your skin. It is a skin smoother and softener with great penetrating ability.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water to allow for the toxins and broken-up fats to be flushed out of your body.
Note: for an extra treatment and to detoxify, wrap the area in plastic wrap for several minutes. To intensify the treatment, use a rolling pin to further smooth the cellulite.
Just a word of caution:
I love doing this coffee scrub! But, this homemade scrub is a bit messy. Do this treatment on a day when you have a few extra minutes to clean the bathroom.