The 2017 Olive Harvest Adventure is cancelled this year due to a family emergency. Please contact me regarding future tours or if you’d like to visit Villa Gioianna.
Are you looking for an authentic Italian experience? Join my Olive Harvest Adventure and spend a blissful time this fall in an ancient Umbrian olive grove; experience the true Italian lifestyle – the meals, the wine, the olive oil, the art, the people. For the past five years, adventures filled with olive oil, wine, cooking, festivals & fun, have been so successful, we are offering them again.
- 7 nights at Villa Gioianna; each guest enjoys a beautifully-appointed room with bath near Castiglione del Lago, Umbria
- All Breakfasts and Dinners – beverages are included when meals are at the Villa; beverages are separate when eating dinner at local restaurants.
- One Buffet Lunch – buffet lunch at the Villa (on olive harvest day), other lunches are on your own on touring days
- One Cooking Lesson
- ½ – 1 day of Olive Harvesting
- Visit to a frantoio (olive mill) to watch your harvest in action
- Delight in a Private Wine and Olive Oil Tasting and an exclusive Eco-Tour at a spectacular estate
- Celebrate the PanOlio Festival in Panicale
- Visit Assisi and see the wonders of the “crown jewel of medieval hill towns” and the home of St. Francis
- Meet the majolica artists and watch them create wonderful ceramics in a family-owned atelier in Deruta
- Feel the energy Under the Tuscan Sun in Cortona
- Explore the caves and cellars of Montepulciano, a famous medieval town
- Enjoy a local outside market in Castiglione del Lago
- Learn how to “taste like an expert” in an Olive oil tasting seminar with Carol Firenze
- Land transportation for the week in a van/cars
Optional activities (additional fee)
- Indulge in a relaxing massage at the Villa
- Wine taste at the award-wining winery next door to the Villa
- Attend a cooking lesson with a noted Umbrian chef at La Casa de Francesca
- Visit Florence or Orvieto
- Enjoy a day at a local spa
Cost: $3,200 per person double occupancy. Single supplement is $525 for the 2nd floor and $300 for the 3rd floor. This is land only; air travel is not included. Transfers to/from FCO (Rome) or FLR (Florence) are included.
The Villa: There are 8 bedrooms at Villa Gioianna; 6 queen bedrooms and two twin rooms (two of the queen rooms are convertible to twins, resulting in up to four twin rooms). Each bedroom has a private bath. The Villa can accommodate between 11-16 people, depending on the requested double and single rooms.
Payment: To reserve a room, please contact Villa owner, Anna Tapay at email@example.com. She will send you a contract and invoice for payment. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is payable by July 15. The balance is due no later than September 15. Bank wire transfer is preferred (3% discount) or you can pay through PayPal.