October 26 – November 2, 2017
Are you looking for an authentic Italian experience? Join my Olive Harvest Adventure and spend a blissful time this fall in an ancient Umbrian olive grove; experience the true Italian lifestyle – the meals, the wine, the olive oil, the art, the people. For the past five years, adventures filled with olive oil, wine, cooking, festivals & fun, have been so successful, we are offering them again.
- 7 nights at Villa Gioianna; each guest enjoys a beautifully-appointed room with bath near Castiglione del Lago, Umbria
- All Breakfasts and Dinners – beverages are included when meals are at the Villa; beverages are separate when eating dinner at local restaurants.
- One Buffet Lunch – buffet lunch at the Villa (on olive harvest day), other lunches are on your own on touring days
- One Cooking Lesson
- ½ – 1 day of Olive Harvesting
- Visit to a frantoio (olive mill) to watch your harvest in action
- Delight in a Private Wine and Olive Oil Tasting and an exclusive Eco-Tour at a spectacular estate
- Celebrate the PanOlio Festival in Panicale
- Visit Assisi and see the wonders of the “crown jewel of medieval hill towns” and the home of St. Francis
- Meet the majolica artists and watch them create wonderful ceramics in a family-owned atelier in Deruta
- Feel the energy Under the Tuscan Sun in Cortona
- Explore the caves and cellars of Montepulciano, a famous medieval town
- Enjoy a local outside market in Castiglione del Lago
- Learn how to “taste like an expert” in an Olive oil tasting seminar with Carol Firenze
- Land transportation for the week in a van/cars
Optional activities (additional fee)
- Indulge in a relaxing massage at the Villa
- Wine taste at the award-wining winery next door to the Villa
- Attend a cooking lesson with a noted Umbrian chef at La Casa de Francesca
- Visit Florence or Orvieto
- Enjoy a day at a local spa
Cost: $3,200 per person double occupancy. Single supplement is $525 for the 2nd floor and $300 for the 3rd floor. This is land only; air travel is not included. Transfers to/from FCO (Rome) or FLR (Florence) are included.
The Villa: There are 8 bedrooms at Villa Gioianna; 6 queen bedrooms and two twin rooms (two of the queen rooms are convertible to twins, resulting in up to four twin rooms). Each bedroom has a private bath. The Villa can accommodate between 11-16 people, depending on the requested double and single rooms.
Payment: To reserve a room, please contact Villa owner, Anna Tapay at email@example.com. She will send you a contract and invoice for payment. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is payable by April 15. The balance is due no later than August 15. Bank wire transfer is preferred (3% discount) or you can pay through PayPal.