Build your perfect holiday in Umbria and Tuscany.
Are you looking for an authentic Italian experience? Spend a blissful time in an extremely fabulous historic villa on a private estate in Umbria and experience the true Italian lifestyle – the meals, the wine, the olive oil, the art, the people.
Since 2009, I have coordinated and led Olive Harvest Adventures – fall tours filled with olive oil experiences, wine tasting, cooking, festivals & fun. What I’ve learned is that groups that know each other, whether they are family or friends, really have the most memorable times. Another learning, sometimes groups cannot travel in the fall (when olives are harvested), but want to learn and experience all they can about the olive and wine cultures in Italy. For these reasons, I invite you to build a perfect holiday for your family or friends – at any time of the year. Bring at least 7 others and your tour is complimentary.
See below for an example of tour highlights. Your tour will be customized, based upon your dates, local festivals, and your wishes.
- 7 nights at Villa Gioianna; each guest enjoys a beautifully-appointed room with bath near Castiglione del Lago, Umbria
- All Breakfasts and Dinners – beverages are included when meals are at the Villa; beverages are separate when eating dinner at local restaurants.
- One Buffet Lunch – buffet lunch at the Villa (on olive harvest day), other lunches are on your own on touring days
- One Cooking Lesson
- ½ – 1 day of Olive Harvesting – if during the fall
- Visit to a frantoio (olive mill)
- Delight in a Private Wine and Olive Oil Tasting and an exclusive Eco-Tour at a spectacular estate
- Celebrate the PanOlio Festival in Panicale or another local festival depending upon the time of year.
- Visit Assisi and see the wonders of the “crown jewel of medieval hill towns” and the home of St. Francis
- Meet the majolica artists and watch them create wonderful ceramics in a family-owned atelier in Deruta
- Feel the energy Under the Tuscan Sun in Cortona
- Explore the caves and cellars of Montepulciano, a famous medieval town
- Enjoy a local outside market in Castiglione del Lago
- Learn how to “taste like an expert” in an Olive oil tasting seminar with Carol Firenze
- Land transportation for the week in a van/cars
Optional activities (additional fee)
- Indulge in a relaxing massage at the Villa
- Wine taste at the award-wining winery next door to the Villa
- Attend a cooking lesson with a noted Umbrian chef at La Casa de Francesca
- Visit Florence or Orvieto
- Enjoy a day at a local spa
Consultation: Please contact us for personalized consultation to build the perfect holiday for you and your family or friends.
Cost: $3,500 per person double occupancy. Single supplement is $525 for the 2nd floor and $300 for the 3rd floor. This is land only; air travel is not included. Transfers to/from FCO (Rome) or FLR (Florence) are included.
The Villa: There are 8 bedrooms at Villa Gioianna; 6 queen bedrooms and two twin rooms (two of the queen rooms are convertible to twins, resulting in up to four twin rooms). Each bedroom has a private bath. The Villa can accommodate between 11-16 people, depending on the requested double and single rooms.
Villa Gioianna is also available for rent without the tour package.