What you need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium size green zucchini (slice zucchini lengthwise into quarters and then coarsely dice)
- 1 chopped (white) onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 large eggs (ratio: 1 egg per zucchini)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasonings (to taste)
How to prepare:
- Sauté onion in olive oil; when onions become clear, add garlic and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add zucchini and sauté until zucchini are soft (cover for fast cooking).
- Remove from heat In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- When zucchini mixture is cool, add to eggs.
- Then add the grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and mix.
- In oiled frying pan, place zucchini mixture and cook over medium heat until the mixture becomes firm.
- When the mixture reaches this stage, your frittata is half finished.
- Place a dinner plate over the pan and carefully invert the frittata, letting it slide back into the pan to cook the other side.
- When the frittata is golden brown and egg mixture congealed, slide onto a plate and serve warm (or cold).
If you do not wish to try to invert the frittata, you can put it under the broiler in the oven, until it is firm and golden in color; or if you travel to Italy, you may find a “GiraFrittata” — a “turn the frittata” pan for easy flipping.